Friday, November 10, 2006

2005 / 2006?

If someone had told me when I was in high school, or college, or even a year ago that when the year 2006 came winding to a close, I would still have to pause and think about whether it was year 2005 or 2006, and that I would be teaching Swedish in Ecuador, I would have told them they were nuts. I don´t speak Swedish by the way, and since ABBA sang in English, I almost expected the language of Sweden to be English. And yet, here I am, teaching Swedish in Ecaudor and still writing 2005 as the date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Since when are you teaching Swedish? And how do you teach Swedish? Just because you watched "The Muppets" as a kid, that doesn't qualify you!

Sara Hendricks said...

So, I started teaching my students English. They were going to live in Canada or Sweden or Switzerland. Well, as they gradually start moving away, I noticed that the only students I have left are the ones going to Sweden. And while English is very important, they are going to get to Sweden and go to school for seven hours a day without understanding a word. (Not that a few weeks of Swedish twice a week is going to be all that much help anyhow)
Regardless, my roomate speaks Swedish and every few days she gives me some words to teach them and drills me on pronunciation...so that I can then teach my students.

Jeff B said...

neat