Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crazy Dog Lady

So, I have been living in my little motel room for the past four months, not really getting out except to go to work and walk the dog and maybe go grocery shopping. I hadn't realized just how crazy I had become in that short amount of time. I have prematurely turned into the crazy cat lady. Except that I am the crazy dog lady. It took me a few days of spending time with people who really aren't dog people for me to see myself in their eyes. I hold conversations with my dog, and not just, "You wanna go for a walk?" But more like, "I know you're tired, but we have a few things to do before we can go home." I'm the lady who talks to her dog in a baby voice and feeds her dog the last bit of food off her plate. I think I haven't traveled totally to the dark side though.

I need to be brutaly honest, and I am sane enough to only do some of these things when there are no other people around, but I still do them.

Things I Do

-Let my dog sleep on my bed
-Lose sleep if my dog is sick or uncomfortable
-Feed her from the table on a regular basis
-Talk to her in baby talk
-Talk to her like she is a real human being
-Apologize out loud for stepping on her
-Plan my day around her walk
-Plan my travels around taking care of her
-Brag about my dog and share cute anectdotes as though she is my child
-Take her with me whenever I go out
-Feed her expensive canned dog food

Things I don't do yet, and when I do do them, I am officially the crazy dog lady.

-Have more pictures of dogs in the the house than people
-Think my dog can understand English
-Buy her gifts on her birthday
-Take her to the groomers
-Let her eat from plates
-Let her lick me on the mouth
-Have more than one dog
-Heat her food in the microwave

2 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Crazy dog lady. Well at least you know you're aware of your funny behavior. I hope Timber appreciates you.

Unknown said...

Ahhh....you're a mommy ; )

BTW, I'm glad you're blogging again. It had been so long since you posted anything, but I finally checked again & voila, there are half a dozen (or so) new entries! YAY!