Sunday, April 27, 2008

Timber's Haircut

I've only had Timber for about 8 months now, so I've never had her in the summer months. Even in fall, winter and spring, she sheds like you wouldn't believe, leaving clumps of hair everywhere. As it has started to get warmer I find more and more of her hairs in my lunch, and decided it was time to give her a shave. Also because she is staying with my family this summer and I fear that if I dropped her off unshaven she would get a Mohawk and poofy tail like the poor family Golden Retriever did. She would probably get pretty hot this summer too.

So, the first photos are the good looking dog before her shave. She is so unsuspecting.




Well, about halfway through the shave, the electric razor started to overheat, so I let Timber have a break. As you can probably tell, she knows that she is in for more shaving and isn't very happy about it.



The final product wasn't amazing. It's not easy to shave a shivering dog who is trying to crawl away and lick your face at the same time. I'll post a photo in a few days when the cut has started to grow out a little bit, and isn't so mangy looking.

Well, it hasn't grown out yet, but here she is...both on dry ground and swimming, one of her favorite hobbies, only slightly behind licking herself when company is over in terms of habitual actions.


4 comments:

Sara Hendricks said...

I regret shaving Timber! She was such a pretty dog! Now she looks so ridiculous, and I thought it wouldn't matter to me how she looked, but it does! I have never cared this much about the many crappy haircuts I've gotten over the years....

The UnMighty said...

I never took you as a "big shedding dog" person. That's so rugged of you.

Sara Hendricks said...

I'm a rugged girl. I worked at a horse ranch all last summer. I own a border collie/wolf mix. I wear a belt buckle. I can "bring in the cows," if need be. I go rock climbing. I paint my toenails.

Rugged.

Tom Quinn. said...

Geez,
Scientists should use you to calibrate their instruments, because you're so well rounded. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.........well rounded. That's rich.