Sunday, August 03, 2008

Goodbye Camp K!

This past Friday was my last day at Camp K. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone in the only way I know how...through song. This will not be entertaining to anyone who didn't work at Camp K, but for those that did, enjoy. This is roughly sung to the chords to "You're Beautiful."

My life is Brilliant.
My life is Brilliant.
I love today.
I saw some angels, here at Camp K.
I smiled at them during training, they were clueless just like me.
and we all lost sleep week one, 'cause Ted had to pee.

Chorus:
You're over soon, you're over soon, you're over soon, it's true.
I saw your face on a facebook page, and when I think back,
good stories I won't lack.

Verse 2

Then Americorps came, and then they gave us classes
on how to be kind and then they saved our asses
And I don't think Rocky deserved what she got,
but we shared a trip camp that was way too hot.
And summer went on and our patience fell,
and I loved it when I finally heard Shrek yell.
And we all had our campers we thought were angels,
as we gossiped about various love triangles.
And we all worked something like 84 hours
and didn't have time for even one damn shower.

Chorus

Verse 3

Then a flying dragon, named Matt Lee
told me too late when he had to pee.
So I cleaned his clothes as we moaned about our woes,
but sent God a kiss that my group lacked Davis.
And Flipper's group somehow got all the runners
Again we thanked God that Sydney was hers
Thursday night made all our hearts ring
cheesy I know, but Jared are you listening?

Chorus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

I saw your post about diamonds and couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief that other intelligent women are out there. :) I'm also 25 and it seems we have a number of things in common. I'm giving up the corporate professionalism in two years to join the Peace Corps so I can really make a difference...

Anyway, it'd be nice to talk to you some time. My email is s.mahadeo@yahoo.com.

Take care,
Sioux

PS - Did you ever decide what you wanted instead of a diamond ring?