Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Boyfriends

The idea of a long-distance relationship is very strange to most people in Ecaudor...and I think in all of South America. When I mention that I have a boyfriend, whoever has asked immidiatly asks next, in Ecuador? And I say no, he lives in the United States. And then they ask again, to be sure, ¨But you don't have one in Ecuador?¨ As though I would have two. And it seems that is exactly what they are asking. They are so confused when I say that I don't want two boyfriends, I only want to wait till I can see the one in the US again.

Here if people are apart, it´s not strange to have another boyfriend or girlfriend for the time being...no one minds.

2 comments:

Mimmy said...

don't be pressurised,wait for the love of your life.

Anonymous said...

big up!